So excited to have nearly conquered my 5 day fruits and vegetable only cleanse this week. I am feeling lighter, less bloated, and ready to get back on the journey to eating a lot healthier.
There are many types of cleanses that I think you should consider doing at least twice a year. You have to take a moment and evaluate how you are feeling about your health, what kind of negative vibes or habits have developed, and what kind of changes can you make to create a better aura or quality of your lifestyle.
So let’s Vibe about Cleansing!
( I do not own rights and cannot credit the artist of this picture)
A Health detox/cleanse is a great way to jump start your body and awaken the metabolism. Have you ever heard that term, you are what you eat? Well it’s the truth! Unhealthy eating will make you tired, overweight, and moody. And yes, I am a true believer of the 80/20 rule of eating 80% healthy and 20% not healthy, but sometimes it’s so easy to lose focus and completely go on a binge relapse. It happens. It’s important that you realize that it’s time to make some changes.
What I Suggest?
- All Fruits and Vegetables for at least 5 days.
- We all know that fruits and vegetables does the body good as you are getting your necessary fiber, minerals, and vitamins! I love this cleanse because I do not starve and immediately after the cleanse, I do not feel bloated and I know I can continue on with a healthy eating lifestyle. Drink a lot of detox water!
- Shake or Smoothie cleanse for 3 days.
- 2 shakes/smoothie and a sensible dinner ( chicken or fish with good steamed vegetables, or a good salad). Find your favorite shake. I recommend Shakeology http://www.shakeology.com/shk/us, it is one of my faves. Don’t count calories, check the sugar, salt, and carbs intake. Make sure it isn’t excessive. And go for it! I like this cleanse because if you plan on working out intensely, you will receive the protein intake necessary to push you through! Drink a lot of detox water!
- Lastly! Work Out! No brainier there.
- Physical movement will detox the body entirely. And I highly recommend a great 15 minute sauna session afterwards to rid the toxins! Did I mention to drink a lot of water?!
I know. I probably sound like a broken record, but all I can say to that is GOOD!!
You need a reminder to take care of yourself in multiple ways that will detox your mind and soul mentally. How’s your mindset these days? Insecurities surfacing? Lacking motivation or feeling depressed? Do you have a problem to every solution? Why is that? These are the type of questions you must ask yourself on what and why you are in this negative slump. It’s critical that we do what is necessary to keep ourselves happy. And happiness is a choice. What have you done for yourself to make you feel amazing? Think about that.
What I suggest?
- Bad Habits? Smoking, Drinking, Candy, Cursing, Stay up late, any kind of bad habit that we ALL have, try to limit it or cut it out completely. ( I’ll admit I have several bad habits so this is a hard one for me as well) but we need to practice more healing and balance in our daily lives.
- Clean out your closet or home: Out with the old and in with the new. Great way to detox your surroundings and bring light into your private space. It will uplift your mood and force you to do a little retail therapy for yourself!
- Pamper yourself: Bubble baths, facial mask, spa massage: Nothing like recharging your body as it will need to relieve the tension of work, school, kids, as needed.
- Go on a Social Media detox: We are all so caught up in other people’s lives which is fine, but take the time that you use to scroll and do something productive! Invest in you. Read a book. Write in a journal. Make plans.
- Clear your Phone: Rid old numbers and pictures. This may sound petty, but sometimes it’s necessary. All those people that you no longer associate with or even don’t want to associate with anymore, clear them out. Make room for new contacts and make new memories with people. Start connecting with people that will lift you higher and help you evolve.
- Invest in yourself: Take a break from the club scene and go do something for yourself that is going to elevate the next level in your life. Workshop, Seminars, and expos are a breath of fresh air that will make you feel like you are ready to conquer the next phase in your life!
- Spiritual Cleanse: Fasting or Prayer sessions will connect you to your most high to help rid the negativity and doubt. It will ignite your faith and bring on good energy and spiritual healing.
- Try a self care calendar: These are starting to be very popular! Set 1-2hrs a day to dedicate time to just yourself; mediation, read a book, go for a walk, journaling.
- Travel: I envy those who can go on a 30 day around the world travel to simply find themselves. If you are able to do it, then what are you waiting for?! If you can immerse your life into new culture, I know you will return with a life changing perspective of yourself.
- Lastly, Can you stay positive for 24hrs?! Worth a try. It will definitely shift the universe to bring you some positive vibrations!
Hope you find balance within your life to cleanse as needed! We often forget to take care of ourselves so I hope you take on some of these alternatives to shift your attitude! Love yourself!
Note: There are many other cleanses out there that you can search, however be sure to check with your doctor and make sure the cleanse is right for you. Many cleanses can be excessive and cause you to starve, feel light headed, or nauseous. It is best that you listen to your body and be sure to take necessary precautions as you take on any cleanse.
Beautifully done Youtube video by Bri Hall about Life Cleansing!