I would normally blog about LOVING the skin you are in but this week I want to vibe about the struggles a lot of us have with our skin.
You ever feel like you have the worst skin ever and have tried every infomercial that has been advertised or friend recommendation of clear skin products that are supposed to work?
Trust me, I know the struggle. I have battled with Eczema since I was a child and sensitive skin for me has always been a major issue. I envy those that have been blessed with what I like to call “the glow.” Nothing like not having to deal with blemishes, pimples from dry skin to oily skin, inflammation and just overall damaged skin.
I hate that people take it as far as chemical peels, botox shots, and surgery but know, that I am not judging you because I know how hard things can be and how insecurities surface when it comes down to finding a remedy for damaged and poor skin.
Sorry, I am not a dermatologist. Therefore I cannot provide you a list of what to do and what not to do for clear skin because I am still trying to figure that out myself. But I know it starts by observing what you are putting into your body. I found that when I decreased my sugar and salt intake that I began to develop less breakouts and reduced flare ups. I think we underestimate the power of drinking water which is the reason I blogged about the benefits of it! Check Out (https://thehealthysoulvibe.wordpress.com/2018/06/07/the-power-of-drinking-water/) but water replenishes the skin. It rids all of the toxins in our bodies which aids in improving skin problems. Some other tips that I found beneficial:
- Find Natural skin products, DIY, and regimens so you are not using harsh soaps and chemicals on your skin.
- Exfoliating – Removes the dead skin cells
- Ladies! Take your make up off at night time. Unclog your pores and your skin will thank you!
- Use proper moisturizers. If you have oily or dry skin be sure you are using the most effective moisturizers.
- Protect your skin from the sun as much as possible.
- Eat healthy foods with antioxidants reducing aging and promoting that glowing skin that we all wish for! ie, eat those Fruits, Veggies!
- Reduce your stress! Stress will always trigger breakouts.
Note: I have yet to do so, but try seeing a dermatologist for a consultation on severely damaged skin outbreaks and other recommendations. I just wanted to provide you with some natural remedies that can be explored in your home.
Any recommendations of Eczema remedies please feel free to email me! I could use some insight! Essence.Williams1@yahoo.com. As of now I am trying the Shea Moisture line in which I really like at the moment. This will only be my 2nd week in using the Eczema soap and I have also picked up more products from this line. I will say it has so far decreased the flare ups on my face. https://www.sheamoisture.com/products.html?product_collection=233